Nothing is easier than a dump cake. Well, other than buying a cake at the store, I guess. That might be easier if you don't mind putting on pants, getting in the car, driving to the store, and buying it. That's too much work for me. I'd rather just toss these three ingredients into a pan and bake it. Less people-y.
Yes. I said throw three ingredients into a pan and bake it.
No stirring or mixing. You literally pour ingredients in, one after another, and put it in the oven. That's the beauty of a dump cake! If you've never made one before, then you're really in for a treat. It's so simple!!! And there's plenty of opportunity for variety!
Two 15 oz. cans of fruit in natural juice
One box of yellow cake mix
One stick (1/2 cup) of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour canned fruit into greased 9 in x 13 in baking pan (including juice!)
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the top
- Thinly slice the butter and place it evenly on top of the cake mix
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream!
- I LOVE this recipe with salted butter. It gives the dessert a richer flavor than unsalted butter. But it definitely works with unsalted butter as well, and tastes just a scrumptious!
- Just about any kind of canned fruit will work! This recipe can be altered and customized to suit your tastes just by changing the fruit base! Peaches, blueberries, apples, cherries... I always have mixed fruit cocktail in the pantry but it's always fun to change it up.
- You can use the big 29 ounce cans or two 15 ounce cans, as long as you include the juice/syrup along with the fruit.
- If you are using a can with heavy syrup you will want to reduce your baking time to about 40-45 minutes. If you're using a fruit in "natural juice," then you might need to cook it closer to 60 minutes. As with all baking, the time is just a guideline to go off of. Each oven is a bit different, so be sure to keep an eye on it.
What fruit would you try? Share your favorites in the comments!
Want to be notified when new blog posts and recipes are published?
👉 Join the NEW email list: https://forms.aweber.com/form/62/560557462.htm
After you fill in the form you will receive a confirmation email. You will need to confirm your subscription if you want to be included on the list! 💻
And never any spam, I pinky-swear! 😘